Monday, September 21, 2009

An Ambitious Distraction.

It's been months since I've posted anything in this blog.
I've meant to.
I've had things to show.
I'm not going to kid you, I'm just lazy.

Speaking of laziness...
My best friend, who is an extremely talented musician (you can follow his blog here and his twitter here) and I were discussing the virtuosity of our procrastination abilities the other day.
This led to one of our usual "this'd be a really great idea if we weren't so lazy" ideas.
Well dagnabit, I'm gonna hold up my end so help me.

The idea:
We're going to make a book of short stories and an accompanying audio CD.
All of this was sparked by my first stab at a short story on my SEESide Blog.
I'll be writing more of these short stories and he'll be writing short songs that are patterned after each story.
Basically, track 1 on the CD would be a spoken word version of the short story and then at a certain point the song would melt in; the story would finish and onto the next tract.
We'll see how it goes.
I'm hoping to add some art to the book and maybe even bring in our amazingly gifted friend Chance Raspberry (you can follow his blog here) for some artwork or sketches.
Who knows?
For now, it's all about the baby steps.
As of this moment I've got two short stories written with two more in the pipe.
Both of them would make my AP Literature professor keel over and die of several strokes and a heart-attack or two, but that's kind of the glory in them.
They aren't stuffy.
Not overdone.
They're a bit guerrilla-warfare.
A bit punk.
Screw it, I like 'em.
Time to write more.

-Drew

(“There are three things men can do with women: love them, suffer for them, or turn them into literature.” -Stephen Stills)

No comments:

Post a Comment